February 18, 2016, marked the fifth anniversary of Greentopia’s incorporation. So what does our five-year-old organization have to show for those years? Plenty!
- Four years of free Greentopia festivals to raise awareness of sustainability and green assets in downtown Rochester, bringing more than 50,000 people (many for the first time) to High Falls.
- Four years of Film Festivals to call attention to green issues and sustainability.
- Three Futures Summit conferences, bringing in speakers from around the country to talk about urban sustainability and green redevelopment.
- Purchase of a large section of the High Falls cataract to preserve it as part of the GardenAerial project.
- Three years of Green Visions, a job training program that has provided 20 weeks each year of job training and employment for young people in the JOSANA neighborhood, while producing beautiful gardens to beautify the neighborhood and provide cut flowers to sell.
- The beginning of New York’s first EcoDistrict, a district that will share ideas and green projects to work and live more sustainably in and around the north side of downtown Rochester.
- Awards and recognition, including being named a “top priority” transformational project by the Sustainability Workgroup of the Finger Lakes Regional Economic Development Council.
- A massive Dinner on the Bridge, calling attention to and raising money for Greentopia’s initiatives, including the GardenAerial circling the canyon around High Falls.
- The completed FlourGarden: a running water, native plants garden with sculptures and lighted fixtures on Brown’s Race, the very first capital development project of the GardenAerial.
- Hundreds of thousands of dollars in grants from the Finger Lakes Regional Economic Development Council; Metabolic Studio; The Farash Foundation; The Community Foundation; Daisy Marquis Jones Foundation; and New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (among others).
- And the support of hundreds of individual and corporate donors for events, programs, and capital projects. Won’t you join with us?
And we’re just getting started.
You ought to take part in a contest for one of the best websites on the net. I am going to highly recommend this website!
PMID 35092563 Review doxycycline and alcohol Fourteen patients were treated on this phase 2 trial
Monitor Closely 1 cenobamate will decrease the level or effect of copanlisib by affecting hepatic intestinal enzyme CYP3A4 metabolism stromectol tablets for sale
Canine Infectious Tracheobronchitis ITB, more commonly known as kennel cough, is a highly contagious respiratory infection in dogs is generic cialis available rhinocort what mg does amoxicillin come in I don t agree because you have a little bit more than others you have to treat others differently